Saturday, January 23, 2010

Project Underpants







Project Underpants was successful beyond my wildest expectations. Our final count for underpants for the Lee County Headstarts was over 1500 pair. These were handed over on January the 22nd to a most appreciative group. They assured us that they are much needed and will be well used. There were over eleven filled boxes. The Auburn Plainsman came by on Friday and took some pictures and completed an interview. I cannot wait until our next project. I am not sure how we measure up on numbers with other organizations on campus, but I am sure that no one has more compassion and enthusiasm. I am proud to be the faculty advisor.

Over the holidays we accomplished our goal for membership. We now have more than 100 members and are the largest chapter in the state. I hope that our membership will continue to grow as will our reputation both on and off Auburn University Campus. War Eagle!

No comments:

Post a Comment